Skip to main content

FIVE THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE LAUNCHING YOUR FASHION BRAND


 The fashion industry is a major component of African Economies, with enormous growth and developmental potential. Starting a fashion business in Africa needs careful planning, Creativity and perseverance.

 Things to note are as follows;

1. STUDY THE INDUSTRY 


 Nigeria, for example , being the largest economy in Africa, presents a vast market for the fashion industry. Individuals/Entrepreneurs should be knowledgeable with numerous pieces of Equipment used in the manufacturing, processing , and packaging of fashion products.


2. CHOOSE YOUR NICHE

 There are different niches in the fashion industry, such as: Clothing, accessories, Footwears, etc. When you choose your niche and focus your business around it, you would be able to know who your customer is and what they care about.

3. MAXIMIZE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS 

 Due to Competition, Limited Marketing outlets and low consumer purchasing power, promoting fashion product can be difficult. This is why,as the owner of a fashion brand , you must make use of social media to sell your products.


4. FOCUS ON CUSTOMER SERVICE 

 Provide excellent customer services to retain customers and attract new ones. By providing excellent customer services,


Fashion retailers can create positive customer experiences, which can lead to increase in sales, repeat business and positive word-of-mouth.


5. STAY UP TO DATE WITH FASHION TRENDS

 As a Fashion entrepreneur, if you don't keep up with current fashion trends, you might end up losing customers to competitors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME, I WOULD PROBABLY NOT BE IN OAU" - 2025 BEST GRADUATING STUDENT, ENGLISH DEPARTMENT, OAU

 NCB: Good evening. Nice to have you here. How do you do? Afeez:Good evening. I'm good. You? NCB: I am very well. Thank God Can you introduce yourself? Tell us about your background. Afeez: My name is Olagbaju Afeez Olatomide. I'm from a muslim family of 6. I have three siblings and we are all boys. NCB: How about your educational background? Afeez: I spent all my educational life up to this moment in Ife. I attended Pearl Preparatory School while in nursery class. I proceeded to Faith Standard Schools for my primary and secondary education. I finished secondary school in 2019, applied for English language here in OAU the same year and I got admitted a few months after. NCB: So you mean to type that English was your first choice. Afeez: Yes. I chose English myself. Actually, when I was in SSS 3, I was indecisive on whether I should pursue a degree in Law or English. Later, I got to find out Law wasn't accredited as a programme in OAU that year and since a passionate love fo...

"I WOULD HATE TO MAKE PROMISES BECAUSE THEN I WOULD BE CHALLENGED TO PERFORM ABOVE THEM." - FRANCIS OHACHO, PRESIDENT OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH, OAU.

By Mercy Ojegbola  NCB: Can we meet you? Francis: I am Francis Fortunatus Ohacho, popularly known as Sael. A part four student in the Department of English, Obafemi Awolowo University, I am the incumbent president of the department's students body. NCB: What motivated you to run for the position of President? Francis: I would like to use cliché pumped up phrases like I'm led by my passion for service and all.  People often say they knew I was going for presidency from part one due to my proactiveness, but really I didn't have the Presidency in mind till late second semester of part two.  And that's because I have only wanted to support from the sides, being a significant catalyst for development wherever I am. So I've had roles like Vice President and Fin Sec in mind, but not president. I didn't think I had it. My motivation, in summary, would be the realisation of how efficient I can be to an administration. And I don't doubt it, that with the help of the t...

NCBOAU INDUCTS NEW RECRUITS

 The NASELS Communication Bureau, Obafemi Awolowo University (NCBOAU) held its 2025 induction ceremony on Saturday, December 6, at the University campus.  The program opened with the national and school anthems, after which the Editor-in-Chief, Olaoye Peace, delivered her welcome address. She reminded the inductees that joining the bureau is both a privilege and a responsibility, stressing the need for reliability and active participation throughout their time in the university. Speaking about her hopes for the incoming members, she said her desire is for them to approach their duties with genuine commitment and a willingness to learn, unlearn and grow. The President of the Association of Campus Journalists, Obafemi Awolowo University, (ACJOAU) Esther Olatimehin, served as the special guest of honour. In her remarks, she highlighted integrity as the foundation of good journalism and encouraged the inductees to guard their reputation with care, noting that credibility remains a...